30 Handy Chrome Extensions and Apps for Your Chromebook
You’ve bought your first Chromebook: now what?
How much work can you really do right from your browser? What’s the best way to get stuff done and access your growing collection of files? Whether you’re a new Chromebook user, or just someone who considers buying it, in this post you’ll find a bunch of amazing Chrome extensions and apps that will make your online life more efficient.
- Feedly – read the content of your favorite sites.
- Any.do – remember everything you have to do.
- Evernote Web Clipper – save things you see on the web into your Evernote account.
- Google Keep – capture what’s on your mind and be reminded at the right place or time.
- LastPass – save all your usernames and passwords to LastPass, and it will autologin to your sites and sync your data everywhere you need it.
- The Great Suspender – unload, park, suspend tabs to reduce memory footprint of chrome.
- Google Voice – make calls, send SMS, preview Inbox, and get notified of new messages. (US only).
- Hola Better Internet – access blocked websites.
- rollApp File Opener – open 500+ file types right in your browser.
- Photo Zoom for Facebook – see the larger images of photo albums, profile photos and more whenever you hover over a zoomable image.
- Facebook for Chrome – access to your Facebook news, notifications, and friends right from your Chrome toolbar.
- Silver Bird – follow your timelines and interact with your Twitter account.
- Buffer – share great content to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Instagram for Chrome – browse your feed and friends, like and comment.
- PDF Mergy – select the files you want to merge from you computer or drop them on the app using drag and drop.
- Ginger’s spell & grammar checker and Grammar checker – contextual grammar checker and spell checker.
- LibreOffice Writer on rollApp – full-featured word processing and desktop publishing tool.
- LibreOffice Calc on rollApp – create, edit, and share spreadsheets in your browser.
- OpenOffice Impress on rollApp – create multimedia presentations.
- OpenOffice Draw on rollApp – produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
Graphics & Drawings
- Lightshot (screenshot tool) – make screenshot of any selected area (video and flash too), edit and upload.
- GIMP on rollApp – image retouching and editing app.
- Sumo Paint – image editor and graphics app.
- Pixlr Editor – advanced photo editor.
- Balsamiq Mockups – add and edit UI wireframes directly from your Google Drive.
- AutoCAD 360 – view, edit, and share DWG drawings through your web browser with the AutoCAD WS web and mobile application.
- Planetarium – an interactive sky map for exploring the stars and planets.
- BioDigital Human – understand health and the human body in 3D.
- My Chrome Theme – create and share Google Chrome themes of your own design.
- SoundCloud – create, record and share the sounds you create with anyone using SoundCloud.